Pages

Sunday 28 February 2016

Catwalk / Mood Boarding


This board focuses on the general mood inspiration of my Givenchy catwalk designs. I started by looking at what that brand had chosen for the actual S/S16 show and the colours and textures they used. To find the key colours for my look I researched colours that were are in this Spring & Summer and decided that a dusky, blush pink would work perfectly with the ethereal lace textures seen at the show. The pink would bring a slight warmth to the look, helping bring a springlike touch to offset the monochromatic ready to wear collection Givenchy released this season. I looked up the Pantone name of the pink I wanted to make sure I was always referencing the same colour. The shade seen at NYFW was Rose Quartz (Pantone 13-1520), but I decided this was too pastel for the look I am going for so looked for a more muted version and found Blush Pink (Pantone 14-1311). The lace textures and pearl embellishments included on this board are the other main inspirations for the look I am hoping to create as well as the sheeny texture seen in the image of the eye. 



This board focuses on my inspirations for the hair and make up for my catwalk design. Various plaits were seen everywhere on the S/S16 catwalks and this is something I would like to feature in one of my looks, so the above picture is just an example of one possible plait design. For my second catwalk look, I love the circular hair accessories seen at Céline - I think they work well with the 'pun' seen here but might look softer with a centre parted, half up half down style. I am hoping to create incredibly dewy, ethereal skin using a white gold highlight to give an angelic look to my model, to offset the pearl embellishment on the lids. I like the brightness of the inner corners in the look seen above and will experiment with this being a part of my design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment