Pages

Monday 22 February 2016

Givenchy Counter















I wanted to try out the products I would be advertising to help me design a look and get a feel for the textures and how the products worked on the skin. I visited the Givenchy counter in Bournemouth, but unfortunately they had already sold out of their Spring La Revalation Originelle Collection that I am basing my daytime shoot around and no longer had any at the counter I could try.  Unfortunately I have already planned my day look, otherwise I would have chosen products from a collection I knew I would be able to get a feel for. However I tried out several of their other products, to help me decide what to focus my evening advertisement on.

I loved the formula of the Ombre Couture Cream Eye Shadow, in the shades #7 (Charcoal Grey) and #N19 (Graphic Bronze). Both of these shades had lovely creamy, pigmented formulas that were blend able yet set down and lasted for hours on my hand. I thought one of these shades would be great to use for my evening ad campaign as both fit in with the other colours I am using in this project, as well as being dramatic enough for use in the evening.

I also tried out the new Blush Memoire Le Forme's from their new Summer collection. These liquid/gel blushes feel like water on the skin. I loved the formula of these blushes, the light texture is perfect for Summer and blends into the skin to look like a natural flush. Even though the colours are bright, they don't look too intense when applied due to their sheer formula.

Another product I am considering for my evening ad look is their Rouge Interdit Vinyl Lipstick. The formula is a shiny, balmy consistency that is glossy and sheer while still providing a lot of colour to the lips. I swatched the Rogue Rebel shade on my hand as red lips were seen at the shows this season so thought this might be a nice shiny take on a relevant trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment