Pages

Sunday 28 February 2016

Catwalk / My concept and inspiration

An example of the contrast between the delicate lace and industrial setting at the S/S16 show
When thinking about which direction I would like my Givenchy catwalk designs for I took inspiration from their S/S16 Ready to Wear collection, as well as the multiple different looks Pat McGrath designed for the show. I am also inspired by the setting of the show and how the minimal, industrial surroundings offset the delicate monochromatic lace and silk pieces.

 Givenchy typically showcase multiple looks on their catwalk shows, one more pared back and others wonderfully avant garde and extravagant. I want to show both sides of the brand within my two designs, while ensuring they link and flow together, drawing inspiration from the same colours and textures as well as making sure they would fit well with Givenchy's S/S16 collection. Some key words I would use to describe the brands designs this season would be: Ethereal, delicate and embellished. I'd like my designs to be a new take, yet to still reflect these key words.

Design #1: Reflecting Givenchy's more avant garde side, this pearl design is heavily inspired by one of Pat Mcgrath's designs for the brand this season. However, I want to take a more pared down approach concentrate the pearls on just the eye area, while maintaining a focus on dewy skin (one of this seasons trends that will be key to all my designs). I want to create a base that has an almost pearl like sheen, using a pale gold highlight to give the effect of glowing, goddess like skin. To keep a softness and femininity to the face, the brows will not be bleached, however I will lighten them with an ashy shade to keep the focus on the eye embellishment. Reflecting the gold tones seen in embellishments at Givenchy's S/S16 show and taking inspiration from the circular hair embellishments seen at Céline. The lips will be a neutral blush pink shade to compliment the femininity of the pearl design.

Design #2: Linking to the other design through the heavily pearlescent finish of the skin, this toned down Spring look focuses on one of the key colours I want to incorporate into my designs, a blush pink. The shade will be seen on both the eyes, lips & cheeks, reflecting the tones seen in the clothing I will have my models wearing. This is a very simple pared back look to compliment my first design, however this second design will have more of a focus on hair. Braids were a huge trend this S/S16 with a huge variety of styles seen at fashion week. I want my models hair to be sleek and off their face and love the design of the two strand twisted braids seen at Céline.

Hybrid beauty: Of jewelled faces and masks(2016) Available at: http://www.webelieveinbeauty.com/belleza-wwbb/cat-belleza/981-hybrid-beauty-of-jewelled-faces-and-masks.html (Accessed: 16 April 2016).

No comments:

Post a Comment