Pages

Sunday 28 February 2016

Trend / Braids

Braids were a huge trend this Spring/Summer so as they will feature in at least one of my looks, I have explored the different types of braid to narrow down which I may use for one of my designs. 






These twist braids, seen at Altuzarra offer a slightly boho take on the half up half down trend. They are a good way to create a more interesting hairstyle with minimal time, so could be perfect for a catwalk look. If I was to do a half up half down style like this, I would probably include a hair accessory to add interest to the style and to keep in line with Givenchy's typically very embellished catwalk designs. 


This double french braided style on the left was seen at Giles and offers a sports luxe feel, while Céline showcased sleek plaited ponytails, something I may incorporate into one of my catwalk designs. 


I love these halo plaits seen at Hervé Léger, I think the look they create is very soft and springlike but the way they follow the line of the parting on an angle instead of following the hairline makes them unique. I think this style could look lovely on a blonde model for my daytime advertising design, but possibly with a fishtail braid for a even more unique twist. 


Kula, M. (2006) HOW-TO: NYFW SS16 HERVÉ LÉGER X ORLANDO PITA BRAIDED CROWN PONY. Available at: http://maneaddicts.com/2015/09/14/orlando-pita-braided-crown-pony/ (Accessed: 1 April 2016).
Edit reference
Something (2015) SS16 hair trend: Braids & twists. Available at: http://somethingaboutmagazine.com/ss16-hair-trend-braids-twists/ (Accessed: 1 April 2016).
Edit reference

No comments:

Post a Comment