Pages

Thursday 4 February 2016

Introduction to the brief

For this brief we have been asked to create 6 final images for a chosen brand. 2 catwalk images that reflect your chosen brand, 2 advertising images suitable for day and night and a mini spread of 2 editorial looks exploring the theme behind the catwalk make up. When researching our brand we must take five things into consideration: product, packaging, presentation, promotion and price point. By thinking about these things when designing our looks, it should ensure the designs we produce are true to the ethos of the brand and are both original and artistic but still fitting with the look that brand is associated with.

The brands we were given to chose from range from cosmetic companies (of a variation of price points) to fashion houses that also produce cosmetics.

BRAND LIST:

ILLAMASQUA
BOBBI BROWN
YSL
LAURA MERCIER
DIOR
REVLON
ELLIS FAAS
CHANEL
TOM FORD
SHISEIDO
CHARLOTTE TILBURY
NARS
MAX FACTOR
LANCOME
MAC
GIVENCHY

I knew initially when starting this project that I wanted to focus on a higher end brand as I love the luxury of higher end cosmetics with beautiful packaging. I think whether the brand I choose is purely cosmetics or also a fashion brand will have a huge impact on the research I do as if I was to choose a fashion brand then the make up I design would need to be complimentary and inspired by the clothes in the SS16 collection. Obviously I wouldn't be constrained by this but as 'catwalk' make up is typically subtler than editorial make up and designed to compliment the clothes instead of make an independent statement this is something I would have to consider. 




-

No comments:

Post a Comment