Pages

Monday 29 February 2016

Catwalk/ My Key Colours

 Blush Pink (Pantone 14-1311): A colour similar to this Rose Quartz (Pantone 13-1520) was seen on the catwalks this Spring & Summer, however I felt it was a bit too bright in contrast to the monochromatic colour palette of Givenchy's Ready To Wear collection so searched for a more toned down alternative. Blush Pink is a muted, nude pink which I think works well with the ethereal feel of this collection yet brings some colour to the otherwise neutral palette. I love this colour with pearly whites and as pearls are a main focus of my design thought this would pair perfectly. I am planning to incorporate this colour into the make up, as well as the clothing my models are wearings. 


Antique Gold (Pantone 16-0730): The embellishments seen in my catwalk designs will be gold, inspired by the golden embellished masks created by Pat Mcgrath for Givenchy's S/S16 collection. The combination of pearl and gold feels very ethereal which is exactly what I am going for with my designs. The gold will be seen in both the accessories and also in the make up, through the pale gold highlight giving a metallic sheen to the face. 




Pearled Ivory (Pantone 11-0907): This colour is closest to the shade of pearls I will be using in my design. This colour will also be represented in the make up, I plan to use a very pale, pearlescent highlight all over my models face so that the skin takes on the texture of a pearl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment