Pages

Monday 4 April 2016

Editorial / Creating Faux Freckles


This YouTube tutorial is inspired by one of my favourite editorial images, seen in Chloe Magazine on model Alice Ma. I love how extreme this look is and how the freckles are such a focal point they look almost un natural. These is the style of faux freckle I want to create for my looks, although I don't think they look the most natural in real life they will look beautifully striking on camera. The tutorial discusses some interesting techniques I will be sure to use when creating my freckles such as regularly sharpening the pencil to ensure the darker freckles you create don't end up looking too big. I think this look comes across very harsh and un natural in the tutorial as the shade being used is far darker than freckles would actually be on someone of that skin tone, but this is what creates such a dramatic editorial feel to the look, perfect for what I'm aiming to create. 

MakeupByCheryl (2014) Glossy eyes, lips, and skin | editorial inspired makeup. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS3_cNxrU2Q (Accessed: 16 April 2016).

No comments:

Post a Comment