Pages

Saturday 2 April 2016

Editorial / Styling

I looked at Givenchy's previous editorials to gain ideas for the styling of this shoot. As most of their editorials are shot in black and white, texture is really important and as I want my editorial shoot to show the darker, grungier side to the trends displayed in the catwalk Ready to Wear collection, I want to use lots of lace and embellishments, however using black and gold as my theme instead of the blush pink and white seen in my catwalk designs. 

            

This is the first of the pieces I have picked out for my shoot. I knew I wanted lace to be included and loved this sheer maxi skirt, especially with the high neckline of the body it's seen with here. In previous editorials I noticed a lot of the body is often covered and while I like that look, this skirt achieves the same effect without just looking like a block of dark colour. As the clothing will mostly be black I want to use different textures to make the styling interesting. 



This is another piece that I found on ASOS, I absolutely love the high neckline and fluted lace sleeves and think this will look perfect for my editorial, styled with ankle boots or loafers with the legs bare, giving variation to the clothing I use and using skin tone to break up the black. 

I want to style my male model in a leather jacket similar to the Givenchy one pictured below and a pair of tweed trousers which I feel which be an interesting texture to incorporate as well as the colouring of them fitting in well with the dark brown make up. To touch on the embellished face and jewels seen at the Givenchy catwalk show I want the male to wear a false gold nose ring and small hoop earrings. 


ASOS | brown slim fit suit trousers in Harris tweed for men (no date) Available at: https://www.lyst.com/clothing/asos-slim-fit-suit-pants-in-harris-tweed-brown/ (Accessed: 25 April 2016)
Limited, H. (2016) Www.harrods.com. Available at: http://www.harrods.com/brand/givenchy/men?viewall=yes (Accessed: 25 April 2016).
Edit reference





No comments:

Post a Comment