Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2016

Editorial / Practice of Faux Freckles



I practiced applying false freckles on myself prior to my editorial shoot to ensure I was confident in the technique. To create the freckles I used two different tones of pencil, MAC's Oak and Chestnut Lip Liners. I found these worked better than eye liners as eye liners are two creamy in consistency meaning the freckles have the tendency to blur or smudge.  I applied the freckles all over the face, alternating between shades and applying the largest concentration of freckles to the nose as this is typical of naturally freckled skin. I looked at images of natural freckles to help me with the placement and it reminded me to apply the dots to areas like my upper lip and brow bone that I would have otherwise forgotten. 



I tested out the look in black and white as this is what I am shooting in and actually found I needed to use more of the deeper shade to get the freckles to show up. This is good to know for my shoot as I now realise the freckles may look harsh in person but on camera need to be applied so prominently if they are to show up in the photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment