Pages

Monday 14 March 2016

Advertising / My concept and inspiration

Day


The concept for my daytime advertising look is based around Givenchy's La Revelation Originelle collection for Spring 2016. The collection features beautiful pastel shades, an embossed illuminator and balmy textures. These products are my main inspiration for the shoot, as well as previous ad campaigns from the brand and SS16 trends such as braids and luminous skin.


As make up for advertising (particularly day looks) is typically very wearable to appeal to the target audience, I want the look to be toned down and wearable while still incorporating Spring trends and reflecting the products I am advertising. I have chosen to include an image of the illuminator and the tinted balm from the collection, so there will be a focus on the skin, and plump, pink shining lips. As the look will be soft and pretty, I want to find a hairstyle that compliments this and after researching current trends have fallen in love with the ethereal plaits seen at Herve Leger this season. I'd like to re create a similar look for my ad shoot, but might experiment with some of the braids from Lottie's session to find the one best for re creating this style. As Givenchy use a marbled background for their La Revelation Originelle collection I wanted to incorporate this aspect. However while they used mint green and pink, I would like to find a dusky pink marbled background as this would link back to my catwalk looks nicely and touch on current trends. I know I want my model for this look to be blonde, with a heart shaped face and delicate features that don't overpower the subtle make up.



Night


For my evening look I have decided to advertise Givenchy's Rouge Interdit Vinyl Lipsticks, focusing on the shade Rouge Rebel, a glossy true red shade. Red lips were seen all over S/S16 catwalks, paired with very minimal other make up and focusing in naturally luminous skin and subtly defined eyes. This is the sort of look I am going for for my evening advertisement, a classic red lip made current by it's sheer and glossy formula. I want to find a model who has a look typical to the brand, dark, straight hair, flawless pale skin with a strong jawline and striking features.




Kula, M. (2006) HOW-TO: NYFW SS16 HERVÉ LÉGER X ORLANDO PITA BRAIDED CROWN PONY. Available at: http://maneaddicts.com/2015/09/14/orlando-pita-braided-crown-pony/ (Accessed: 20 April 2016).
LTD, D.P. (2011) Liv Tyler for Givenchy beauty fall winter 2011.12. Available at: http://www.designscene.net/2011/07/liv-tyler-givenchy-beauty-fall-winter-2011-12.html (Accessed: 24 April 2016).

No comments:

Post a Comment