Pages

Monday 7 March 2016

Catwalk / Assessment Evaluation


These are the images from my catwalk assessment look. I am overall pleased with the outcome of this assessment, however there are a few changes I will make when shooting my final images. Although I envisioned this on a blonde model, I quite like the striking result of using a dark haired model and how it contrasts the pale skin. I'm pleased with the general application of the make up and the symmetry of the eye embellishment. I had build up lots of layers of product to get the highlight to show on camera and when I recreate this look for my shoot I would like the skin to be even more luminous, so many need to experiment further with which products are best at showing up on camera. I applied the pearls just to the eyelid, but I would like to extend them outwards slightly when shooting my final images to add impact to the look. I feel the look could benefit from some more embellishments and accessories as this is key with Givenchy's previous catwalk designs, so will experiment with this further. I loved the way the hair accessory brought a touch of gold (one of my key colours) to the design, but again feel this would have been stronger if the colour was repeated on another accessory so will think about adding some earrings. The way I have placed the hair in my photographs could be neater, but I was pleased with the finish I produced in real life. I think this is a result of rushing to take my assessment images and should spend more time making sure the hair is placed correctly for a photograph.

I feel I communicated well with my model, particularly during the delicate task of adding the Pearl embellishments to her eye area. My model actually has particularity flinchy eyes, but seeing as we had practiced the look before hand I knew which areas she might find sensitive and prepared for this. I made sure I communicated to her about how she should have her face to make it easier for both of us during the application of the Pearls. I also asked her at the beginning of the session what her skin type was and how her skin was feeling that day and she let me know that her skin actually felt quite tight and dry. I took extra care to prep the skin to ensure the base went on smoothly and my model felt comfortable at all times. Once the Pearls were on her eyes her eye movement was limited so I can to be patient when moving her to the studio to take the photos. She was very good at taking direction and posing for the actual photographs and understood the look I was going for. Overall I am technically pleased with the outcome of this assessment although there are some aspects that I will build upon when shooting my final designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment