Pages

Monday 28 March 2016

Editorial / Test Shoot



These are some images from my initial test shoot for my editorial look. I wasn't very satisfied with how these images turned out, I felt the look was too overly harsh and didn't have the laid back feel that I was aiming for. I wanted the look to feel soft but have a distinct grunge feel to it as all Givenchy's editorial looks have this element, featuring a lot of black and leather. For my actual shoot I'm hoping to have three or four models, both men and women and I am considering shooting in black and white as this is also commonly seen in editorials from the brand. As I wanted the freckles to be a strong focus of the look, I feel they need to be more visible to become a feature. I initially wanted cornrows but found the look far too harsh with both the eye and the lip so I decided to let my models hair down. I preferred this as it brought softness to an otherwise hard look, however I want to feature braids within the editorial so am thinking of a softer braided style I could incorporate. I might go for a nude lip instead of the berry stain as I wanted this look to have 90's influences and this would allow me to add more depth to the eye make up and take it further into the sockets without beginning to look overdone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment