Pages

Friday 11 March 2016

Catwalk / Choosing my final images




These are some images from the shoot of my first catwalk look. I really wanted to get a backstage feel to the photograph so am leaning towards one of the first shots as I love the darkness of the background. As we can only submit one image, I really like how the hair is visible in the mirror in the second image and also how it gives the image a more crowded looking background as if this could be the back of another model. I love the simplicity and elegance of the bottom images, however this isn't as typical of a style to shoot catwalk looks in and I feel looks more suitable for an editorial or advertising look. All of these images badly need white balancing, although I actually really like the cool toned pinky tinge running through them all as the lighting in the photograph reflects my concepts and key colours so this is an element I will tone down but not remove completely from my images. 





These are the four images that I am picking between for my second look. I took so many images in very similar poses as I knew the exact pose I wanted my models to make. When picking between these images it was more a case of finding the slight differences between them, for example I like the fact their heads are actually touching in the bottom right, however one of the models plaits is not visible which makes the image seem uneven and leaves a strange bump on the side of the head. However I love the fact that their heads are touching and due to it being difficult to light, I don't have many images where this is the case. I think the best image overall is either the first or the second, the lighting is slightly better in the first however I prefer the look of the hair in the second so will have to play around with these in post production to see which is the best image overall. 



No comments:

Post a Comment