Pages

Sunday 6 March 2016

Catwalk / Product testing to create Dewy Skin

As all three of my looks have a focus on dewy skin, I tested out some different products to see the effects they created and which of my looks I think they would fit the best.

Illuminating Moisturisers and Primers
When creating a dewy look, I always start with a radiance boosting priming or moisturising product such as the L'Oreal Lumi Magique or MAC's Strobe Cream. This adds a glow to the skin and can be used to adapt the foundation your using to have more of a illuminating finish. I tested out both the L'Oreal & the Strobe Cream and they are very similar in formula but I have decided to use the L'Oreal for my shoots as due to its priming qualities it will also help the foundation stay on, even under the hot studio lighting.




Cream Highlights
I love layering a cream highlight underneath a powder to create an intense glow. My favourite products for this are MAC's Cream Colour Base in Pearl and Topshop's Glow Cream Highlight. When swatched side by side, I found Pearl to be more neutral in tone and Glow to be more of a pale gold. As the skin for my catwalk looks is a luminescent pale gold, I have chosen to use Glow when creating these. However, Pearl gives more of a naturally dewy sheen, making it perfect for my daytime advertisement look for Givenchy's Spring collection. 

Powder Highlights
For my catwalk look, I wanted to find a very intense, pale, gold highlight to layer on top of the cream. As the highlight is to go on most areas of the face, I wanted a really finely milled powder that without any chunks of shimmer or glitter so it didn't draw attention to my models pores. I tested out both Nars Albatross & ABH Sunburst as they are similar in tone and found that the ABH was far more intense, as well as being very finely milled and more of a sheen than a sparkle. To combine with the MAC Pearl Cream Colour Base for my daytime advertisement look, I found ABH Bubbly which is a slightly rosy toned, warming shade that gives more of a subtle sheen than a strong highlight.


Shine Textures
 These are what I like to use when I'm going for a really glossy skin effect, instead of a pearlescent one. This is the look I am going for on my editorial shoots, to show a different take on the dewy skin trend. The two products I like to use to this are the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream and MAC's Shine Texture. However, although I feel the MAC product may need to be built up more to create the same effect, I am choosing this to use for my editorial looks as it is unscented and the strong scent of 8 Hour Cream could irritate my models eyes and cause her discomfort.






No comments:

Post a Comment