Pages

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Editorial / Model Choice

These are some ideas for the sort of looking I am hoping my editorial model to have. As the shoot will most likely been in black and white, I am looking for models with very dark hair as this looks a very striking contrast, particularly for a very monochrome shoot. I would like the models to have bobs ideally, as the hairstyle I am hoping to produce for the look is a sleek, centre parted bob. I'd like to find models with strong facial features and bold eyebrows as these features will stand out in black and white. 

This is the model I used for my editorial test shoot, I have asked her to model for the final shoot and am in the process of looking for my second model. Ideally I would like a mixture of genders and a larger group of models but if this is unachievable will stick to having two female models. I think this model is perfect for a Givenchy editorial, her colouring and facial features are similar to that of the models Givenchy has chosen and she has the perfect hairstyle to explore the centre parted bob trend. 


When choosing a male model, I would ideally like him to have a beard, a good jawline and hair long enough to style in a casual quiffed style. 


This is an image of both of the models I found for my editorial. I think they look really fitting together as they both have dark hair features. The height difference between them is also ideal as Dan is taller but not by so much that it is difficult to take pictures of their faces side by side. I think they fit my initial idea of what I wanted from my models really well and as they already know each other will be easy to shoot as they will feel comfortable and relaxed. 




じゃいレアー (2011) Editorial: GIVENCHY S/S 2011. Available at: https://sdlpunk.wordpress.com/2011/03/26/editorial-givenchy-ss-2011/ (Accessed: 18 March 2016)
coutorture (2009) Coutorture. Available at: http://www.popsugar.com/fashion/Future-Looks-Good-Riccardo-Tisci-Givenchy-6828994 (Accessed: 5 April 2016).
Dobrovicescu, S. (2010) TRAVELLING... WITH A HINT OF FASHION!. Available at: http://www.fashionthroughtravel.com/2012/04/american-in-paris-karlie-kloss-for.html (Accessed: 5 April 2016).
Beautylish (2016) Givenchy. Available at: http://www.beautylish.com/b/givenchy (Accessed: 5 April 2016).

No comments:

Post a Comment