Pages

Sunday 20 March 2016

Advertising / Setting & Lighting



When deciding on the setting for my Givenchy adverts, I looked at previous ad campaigns for inspiration. Most of Givenchy's beauty ad campaigns are shot in the studio, as this gives the most freedom to manipulate the lighting or background of the shot in post production. Some however are shot on location, although I noticed this is mostly perfume adverts. I know I want to shoot my daytime look in the studio as I am hoping to edit in a marbled backdrop in post production to mirror what Givenchy created in their actual advert. The studio will give me the freedom to shoot on a white background meaning I can take or find any other image to become the backdrop. I did originally want to shoot my evening advert on location, however as it would need to be shot at night to look like an evening ad campaign and I couldn't find a fashion photographer to collaborate with, I decided against this idea as I'm not yet skilled enough in photography to be confident working out the lighting to shoot outdoors at night time. I am now thinking I will also shoot the evening look in the studio and edit in a background that compliments my daytime look, for example using a dark blue or grey marble in contrast to the pastel one used for the day.

As I want the lighting for my day shoot to be very soft and illuminating, almost as if she is gently glowing, the studio is the perfect place to create this as I have total control over the lighting conditions. I am planning to use the best beauty set up we have been taught in class, using three lights, a beauty dish and two soft boxes. This creates a really beautiful flawless effect on the skin as the light is not too harsh. I am planning on using the same set up for my evening looks however will turn the flash down so the image is slightly darker and the colours look more saturated as in combination with the change of background this will give the look a more evening inspired feel. I will also use reflectors when shooting my looks to ensure there is no darkness under the chin.

Blog, T.B., Reviews, M. and Tips, B. (no date)Cosmetics ads. Available at: https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/36169603234173639/ (Accessed: 24 April 2016).


Элит-Галанд (no date) Givenchy la revelation Originelle spring 2016 collection. Available at: http://elit-galand.ru/kosmetika-vesennie-kollekcii-2016?view=194626803 (Accessed: 24 April 2016).
Edit reference

No comments:

Post a Comment