Pages

Thursday 3 March 2016

Catwalk / Practice #2




This was my second practice for my assessment, where I tried out the hair, make up and clothing to ensure I was happy with every aspect of the look. I managed to practice this on the model who would be modelling in my assessment which is a bonus as it gave me an accurate idea of any changes that needed to be made and an awareness of any things that may take more time when working on that model (e.g. eye make up due to having sensitive eyes).

It was this practice that I based the instructions I used in my assessment on, so I knew which order I would end up doing the look in. I was really happy with the look overall, however when looking back at the images I realised certain things such as the need for more highlighter to create the ethereal, glowing look that I wanted to achieve, better covering of any redness on the neck and shoulders and ensuring the clothing is properly adjusted into position.

Applying the pearls to someone other than myself was more time consuming that I had thought, so I'm glad I realised this, allowing me to better manage my time in my actual assessment. They are quite fiddly to apply and once applied my model had limited eye movement due to how delicate the embellishments were and the weight of them on her eyelids. This realisation made me decide to apply to pearls last during my assessment, to make sure my model was as comfortable as possible and that the design wasn't ruined by too much movement of the eyes. I brought lash glue with me, but found the pearls were adhesive enough by themselves which I was happy about as I feel the lash glue could have caused the look to look gunky and a little messy.

Overall I am really happy with this practice and now feel confident to re create this look in my timed assessment. I have realised any minor changes that need to happen to benefit my time management and the overall finish of my design and have created detailed instructions and product lists ready for the assessment.

No comments:

Post a Comment