Pages

Thursday 10 March 2016

Catwalk / Styling for my Catwalk shoot

I wanted the styling for my Catwalk shoot to focus around the Blush Pink shade that inspired my looks. Although Givenchy didn't use this shade in their S/S16 show, I wanted to bring some colour into my looks yet still keep quite a monochromatic feel which is why I chose a very neutral, muted and almost fleshy tone of pink. Although my looks were inspired by the lace seen at this seasons Givenchy show, I wanted to experiment with using simpler fabrics to allow the Pearl embellishments to stand out. 


This is the first piece I picked out for the shoot. I loved how to the low back gives a really feminine look to an otherwise simple top and the raw edge adds an effortless feel. I want the clothing I chose for my models to be minimal and pretty, which I feel this piece does really well.  The second piece I chose is this tie waist, belted blouse. Again I love the minimal effect it gives and how the fit is slightly oversized yet flowing to give the feminine effect I'm after. This tie waist style is very fashionable this season and although these pieces are from ASOS, I feel they look more expensive than they are. 

To accessorise my look, I wanted to incorporate lace to link back to Givenchy's S/S16 collection. Chokers have also been very on trend over the past year and I thought this might be a subtle way to add a lacy touch to the look. When looking for a lace choker online, I couldn't find anything that fitted the look I was going for, so instead went to a fabric store to look at their lace ribbon. I looked at the lace used for the Givenchy show and picked a lace similar to this in quite a classic style.  Gold accessories were also important to the look, to pick up on the pale golden sheen of the skin and pearls. I noticed a lot of circular shapes on the catwalks this season, seen in some of the garments at Givenchy (seen below). I particularly loved the circular barrettes seen at Céline's show this season and managed to find something similar on ASOS. The clip I found came with a pin which weaved through, a detail which I liked as it is slightly different to what was seen at the S/S16 shows and therefore brings a uniqueness to my design. 


Circular shapes were seen on the garments at Givenchy and hair accessories at Céline. 

Johnstone, L. (2015) Minimalist accessories: Celine dupe. Available at: http://www.nakedfashions.com/blog/2015/6/16/minimalist-accessories (Accessed: 17 April 2016).
Posted and Fashion, L. (2015) My other Blogs:. Available at: http://www.lefashion.com/2015/11/circle-hair-clip.html (Accessed: 17 April 2016).
asos (2016) ASOS Obi band wrap blouse at asos.com. Available at: http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-obi-band-wrap-blouse/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6251044&clr=Dustypink&SearchQuery=obi+blouse&pgesize=13&pge=0&totalstyles=13&gridsize=3&gridrow=1&gridcolumn=2 (Accessed: 17 April 2016).
asos (2016) ASOS oversize top with side split and V back at asos.com. Available at: http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6171396&CTAref=Saved+Items+Page (Accessed: 17 April 2016).

No comments:

Post a Comment